This blog is of, by and for the progressive members of our Jefferson County community. Our mission is to provide information about fellow progressives for all to view, to provide a forum for forward looking candidates and to offer other varied items of interest. Your opinion is important to this blog and if you wish to write us an item or send us a picture please email it to watertownwizards@yahoo.com THIS BLOG IS NOT AN OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE JEFFERSON COUNTY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A note from Kirsten to her supporters I'ld like to share.

Dear Ezra,

There is no denying: the election in Massachusetts was a disappointment. However, let us not focus on our disappointment but rather, redouble our commitment to fighting for the causes and values that are so important. I can tell you that the voters are not looking for a year of gridlock or months of excuses and hand-wringing between now and the election. Voters want action. They want solutions to the challenges they face. And they want hardworking leaders who are prepared to deliver.

That is what I have done. I have fought tooth and nail for President Obama's health care bill, which will provide coverage for 2.7 million New Yorkers. I've worked hand-in-hand with the President to invest in job creation and bring home New York's fair share of federal dollars. And I've worked with all of you, traveling to all 62 counties in the state, listening to your concerns, making your voice heard in Washington, and building a campaign operation that is ready to win.

This is the kind of hardworking leadership I have always provided.

From my first race against entrenched Republican Congressman John Sweeney, when very few people thought he could be beaten, to my reelection against multi-millionaire formerNew York State GOP Chairman, Sandy Treadwell, which was the most expensive Congressional race in the country, I have always been outspent, but I have never been outworked.

On Martin Luther King, Jr. Day this week, I thought about his words: "History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

National, state and local Republicans are aggressively plotting to try and capture a Senate seat from New York. To date, we have raised over $7.1 million to ensure we have the resources to compete with the Republican attacks. I am prepared for the fight and I am prepared to win. If we continue to work together, speak out, and stay focused on solving the challenges we face, New Yorkers will cast their vote for hardworking leadership and we will deliver the change voters are still demanding.

It is an honor to work hard for the people of this state, and I thank you for your service and your support.

Sincerely,
Kirsten


No comments: